The recipe inspired graciously by Elaine Gloria Gottschall of Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet.
4-5 Ibs. chicken legs and thighs
2 packages baby carrots or 10 peeled and chopped carrots
2 large onions
few stalks of chopped celery
few stalks of parsley leaves
salt to taste
1. Clean and chop carrots, onions and celery.
2. Place chicken pieces and vegetables into large pot, add parsley and salt to taste.
3. Fill pot to cover with water.
4. Simmer pot for 4 hours.
5. Pour soup through colander to separate broth from the vegetables and chicken. (You may wish to take some of the broth and pour it into ice cub trays for freezing as means to add flavor to other dishes later!)
6. Let chicken pieces cool, then de-bone and de-skin chicken.
7. Place veggies and chicken meat back into broth and enjoy!
This is your average chicken soup. (You may wish to take some of the broth and pour it into ice cub trays for freezing as means to add flavor to other dishes later!)
Total Time: 4 hours 27 minutes
Prep– 7 minutes
Cook– 4 hours
Cool/De-bone– 20 minutes
Yield: 15 servings