This recipe graciously stolen from healthhomehappy.com.
1 large block (2 lb) Monterey Jack cheese; cut into 36 cheese sticks
3 cups blanched almond flour
3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 bottle vegetable oil
1. A few hours or more before put cheese sticks in the freezer.
2. After a couple hours, heat the oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
3. In a shallow bowl or dish mix almond flour with Italian Seasoning.
4. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish.
5. Take frozen cheese sticks out and dip 1 to 3 at a time in the egg, allow egg to drip off, and then roll in the almond flour mixture until well covered.
6. Drop covered cheese sticks into the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. The cheese sticks will likely float to the top of the oil at this time.
7. Remove from oil and drain on a plate.
Seriously these gooey wonders of delight are great. If you’re missing the goodness of Sonic or bar food, this will fill the void, my friends. If you like you could serve with homemade ranch dressing or marinara sauce, but they are so good on their own as well!
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep – 2 hours 15 minutes
Cook – 15 minutes
Yield: 36 servings
This recipe is graciously stolen from May Franks at allrecipes.com.
[picture to come.]
2 (16 ounce) packages Cheddar cheese, shredded
20 jalapeño peppers, seeded and halved
2 packages SCD bacon
1. Preheat the broiler. Stuff halved peppers generously with cheese. Slice the bacon in half.
2.Wrap the stuffed jalapeño halves with the bacon slices. Wrap a medium baking sheet in foil and place the peppers on the sheet.
3. Broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is done to your satisfaction.
This one is GREAT for parties, your own or to take! Easy and delicious! Always a hit and surprisingly not too hot. Taking out the seeds makes them very eatable even for those not inclined for the heat. Jordan and I love to enjoy these even as leftovers after the event.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep – 20 minutes
Cook – 10 minutes
This recipe graciously inspired, practically stolen, from Giada.
1/2 cup SCD legal diced roasted red bell peppers (These add about 30 minutes if not prepared before hand.)
1/2 cup diced pitted green olives
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 scallions, diced
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 lbs. white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the roasted red bell peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. On a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet place the mushrooms, cavity side up.
4. Spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms. Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook– 20 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings