This recipe graciously stolen for inspiration from GlutenFreeHappyTummy.
About 15 brussels sprouts, halved
1 red pepper sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place your red pepper slices in a mixing bowl and stir with olive oil. (Don’t season with salt and pepper yet.)
2. Then place oiled pepper slices on baking sheet that’s been lined with tin foil and drizzled olive oil.
3. Roast for 30 minutes, flipping once at 15 minutes. When you flip them after 15 minutes, add the grapes to the sheet and bake them with the peppers for the remaining 15 minutes.
4. While they are roasting, cook your brussel sprouts with olive oil cut side down in a single layer of a large skillet. Let them sit and form a crust for about 4 minutes. Flip and let the other side brown. Finish sprouts with generous salt and pepper!
5. Mix the sprouts with the red peppers and grapes!
Seriously, you will not believe your mouth! MY FRIENDS, IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOU LIKE BRUSSEL SPROUTS OR NOT! This vegetable side is intricately balanced in flavor, a perfect fresh and sweet combination! There is a great sweetness added to the brussel sprouts that made the sprout haters at the table go gaga! Everyone at the table agreed that this side was heavenly! Recommending to anyone? Yes, yes we are…
Total Time: 50 minutes
Prep –5 minutes
Cook – 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the record we are not cool enough or popular enough for any of our posts, including this one, to be a sponsored post. That means these are straight up awesome.
So you want an easy and delicious snack without the fuss?
We have found out that Jamba Juice does “Fresh Juice Blends” guys! There are two we know are SCD and have been chugging down at any availability…
Orange Berry Antioxidant Juice Blend
Tropical Kick-Start™Juice Blend
So if you’re driving around town and needing a quick fix, or perhaps wanting a special treat, you could try one of those guys! Also we’ve noticed they sell apple chips and cinnamon apple chips that are SCD friendly. 🙂 YUM!
*Foods like these (that you don’t make yourself) should be consumed at your own risk. You never know if an illegal was slipped in! In our case, they work for us – use your own discretion!
This recipe graciously stolen from Living Fully Without.
1 bottle dry red wine (a Cabernet Sauvignon is what we already had…)
4 cups club soda
1 cup SCD legal apple juice
1/2 cup honey (I mixed it with 1/4 cup hot water so it would blend easily)
1 lemon, sliced and squeezed
1 lime, sliced and squeezed
1 orange, sliced and squeezed
Fruit of your choice…
OURS INCLUDED: Grapes, Macintosh Apples, Blackberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Watermelon, Pineapple
1. Mix it together! For best results, refrigerate so the fruit juices can seep in for 24 hours. But if you’re too eager to wait, pour over ice and serve! We only waited 3 hours.
So Lauren has a long standing relationship with sangria that was easily passed onto Jordan when they met. This sangria recipe is so smooth and refreshing. After our first taste, we all looked around and said, “CHEERS AGAIN!” A glorious version of a drink that we are most fond of…
Total Time: three hours and 10 minutes
Prep –10 minutes
Chill – 3 to 24 hours
Yield: 20 servings
This recipe inspired by Lauren’s lack of foresight and quick rush to think of dinner.
1 lb. ground beef
3 tbsp Taco Seasoning (SCD)
16 large lettuce leaves
Pico de Gallo
Salt to taste
1. Cook ground beef with taco seasoning until done.
2. Take lettuce leaf and fill with seasoned meat.
3. Layer sliced cheddar cheese over meat and heat for 30 seconds in microwave to melt.
4. Top with pico and olives to taste.
5. Mix yogurt with salt and drizzle over the “taco”.
6. Lift up the lettuce leaf and enjoy!
Having the seasoning pre-made and SCD pico available at our grocery store, this made sense for a quick dinner! I basically picked up anything that would be easy and tasty on a taco and layered it up! It seemed like a really fancy and flavorful meal that is easy on the eyes, without a lot of fuss or clean up! All around, it was a good day.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep –5 minutes
Cook – 10 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
This recipe graciously stolen from healthhomehappy.com.
1 large block (2 lb) Monterey Jack cheese; cut into 36 cheese sticks
3 cups blanched almond flour
3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 bottle vegetable oil
1. A few hours or more before put cheese sticks in the freezer.
2. After a couple hours, heat the oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
3. In a shallow bowl or dish mix almond flour with Italian Seasoning.
4. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish.
5. Take frozen cheese sticks out and dip 1 to 3 at a time in the egg, allow egg to drip off, and then roll in the almond flour mixture until well covered.
6. Drop covered cheese sticks into the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. The cheese sticks will likely float to the top of the oil at this time.
7. Remove from oil and drain on a plate.
Seriously these gooey wonders of delight are great. If you’re missing the goodness of Sonic or bar food, this will fill the void, my friends. If you like you could serve with homemade ranch dressing or marinara sauce, but they are so good on their own as well!
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep – 2 hours 15 minutes
Cook – 15 minutes
Yield: 36 servings