This stuffing graciouly stolen from nomorecrohns.com‘s holiday menu.
2 c. onion, chopped
2 c. celery, de-strung and chopped
1 medium tart apple, chopped
1/2 c. fresh cranberries
1/4 c. scd currants
1 c. almond flour (ground almonds)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
1/2 tsp. each salt and thyme
1/4 tsp. each marjoram, pepper and rosemary, crushed
2 Tbs. butter, melted
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1. Generously butter an 8 inch glass baking dish.
2. In a large bowl (to give you room to work), combine onion, celery, apple, cranberries and raisins.
3. In another bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, sage, salt, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and pepper.
4. Mix thoroughly and pour over onion mixture. Stir well.
5. Pour eggs and melted butter over vegetable mixture, mixing well with a spoon.
6. Pour into prepared dish, cover, and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
7. Serve with turkey and cranberry relish.
I forgot to “cover” for the trial run, but it was still really nice. First of all, the smell alone when you open the oven to take it out will overwhelm you with love for Fall. Jordan usually only likes savory and without sweet in the mix, but he said he wouldn’t change a thing! Alright!
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Prep – 15 minutes
Cook– 1 hour
Yield: 16 servings