This is a recipe created graciously by Jordan, THE stud muffin.
1 bottle dry sparkling wine
* the love of your life (this could be you)
1. Open bottle of bubbly.
2. Pour into glasses.
3. Place one strawberry into each glass.
4. Enjoy a very happy SCD 1 year anniversary with the love of your life, thanks Jordan.
Jordan, Mr. Snazz, pants treated me to a very special day vaca including splurging for a couples massage – what – a – guy. I should compliment the hotel we stayed at because we brought a prepared SCD meal along and room service heated it up and brought it like room service along with covered dishes and ice water. Thanks to the Kimpton company for great customer service. Thanks to my husband, too…. 🙂
Total Time: 2 minutes 1 year
Prep – 2 minutes
Married – 1 year
Yield: 2 servings
This recipe stolen graciously from allrecipes.com.
*Note: These are amazing.*
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup shallots, minced
3/4 cup dry white wine
3 lbs. mussels, cleaned and debearded
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
ground black pepper to taste
1. In a medium stock pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent.
2. Pour in wine and mussels. Raise heat to medium/high and steam mussels until shells open, about 7 minutes.
3. Pour mussels and cooking liquid into a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
These are good, but they require a bit of prep! Letting the mussels sit in some water before you begin for 20-30 minutes lets them expel dirt or sand. Don’t use any mussels that aren’t closed to begin with – they’re probably dead! You can check by sharply tapping the mussel – if it closes, it’s still alive and safe to cook. Any mussels that don’t open after steaming should be thrown away.
Total Time: 52 minutes
Prep – 45 minutes
Cook– 7 minutes
Yield: 4 servings