two reg. size packages of chicken, or one large: thighs and wingettes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 orange, quartered
1 lemon, quartered
3 garlic cloves, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wash and dry chicken pieces.
3. Place chicken in a baking dish.
4. Brush extra virgin olive oil on each piece (both sides).
5. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of each chicken piece.
6. Squeeze the 1 quartered lemon and 1 quartered orange over the chicken pieces, toss in the lemon and orange pieces.
7. Sprinkle 3 chopped garlic cloves and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano leaves.
8. Place in the oven for 55 minutes or until the skin is crispy and browned.
Boy, was this good! I was expecting a dry, overcooked chicken (we kept it in longer to brown the skin), but the chicken exploded with flavor! It really soaked up that citrus.
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Prep – 30 minutes
Cook– 55 minutes
Yield: 4 servings