This recipe stolen graciously from Giada.
1 cup water
4 lobster tails
salt and pepper
melted butter, for serving (you can clarify it if you want to be fancy)
nimble pinkie fingers
1. Add the water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Rinse the lobster.
3. Open the lobster tail in butterfly form (fancy!)
4. Salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place the lobster tail in the pot to steam (we used a steamer basket) and cover.
6. Steam cook for 8 minutes (it turns a beautiful red!)
7. Serve with hot melted butter, raise pinkies high and enjoy. 😉
Lobster tails seem intimidating, but they weren’t hard at all! And they were oh so tasty, despite looking a dull brown and unappetizing when we bought them from the local supermarket. The trickiest part was the butterflying, but even a mistake still tastes good!
Total Time: 23 minutes
Prep – Realistically for Newbies like Recipe Thieves: 15 minutes
Cook– 8 minutes
Yield: 4 servings