This recipe stolen graciously from Rachael Ray.
1 1/2 lbs. asparagus spears, trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips
extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
few grinds black pepper
4 slices center cut bacon
Chopped chives or scallions, optional garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Season the asparagus with black pepper.
4. Divide the asparagus spears into a total number of four groups.
5. Take a group of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat until finished with each group.
6. Place bundles on baking pan into oven for 12 minutes.
We decided to have some friends over for a great meal and knew we would have all the burners in use, our plate was full so to speak. Instead of pan cooked asparagus, we went with the oven. The group seemed pleased with the result overall. In general I prefer it cooked with butter over oil, but it was nice to pop it in and out with ease!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Prep – 8 minutes
Cook– 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings