This recipe graciously stolen from comfybelly.com.
1/2 cup SCD yogurt
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Cinnamon Topping Goods
2 Tbs. cinnamon
4 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted (coconut butter will work too)
1. Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.
2. Combine all the muffin ingredients and blend well (we used food processor, but hand is great too).
3. Place cupcake liners in a baking pan, and fill the liners halfway with batter.
3. Blend all the topping ingredients well with fork.
4. Add about a tablespoon of topping to the center of each muffin.
5. Place another scoop of batter on top of each muffin until the batter just about reaches the top.
6. Evenly distribute the remaining topping over the top of each muffin. Optionally, use a toothpick to poke at the top of each muffin to allow some topping to drip into the batter.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick placed in the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are starting to brown.
They are moist, flavorful, and glamorous! These buns are better than J. Lo’s! THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL! The most amazing part to me is that if you handed these muffins to a friend, they would have no clue they were made with the nontraditional ingredients. if you like cinnamon, you’re just gonna die.
Total Time: 55 minutes
Prep – 30 minutes
Cook– 25 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins