This recipe graciously inspired, practically stolen, from Giada.
1/2 cup SCD legal diced roasted red bell peppers (These add about 30 minutes if not prepared before hand.)
1/2 cup diced pitted green olives
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 scallions, diced
2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 lbs. white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the roasted red bell peppers, olives, cheese, scallions, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. On a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet place the mushrooms, cavity side up.
4. Spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms. Bake until the mushrooms are tender, about 20 minutes.
5. Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook– 20 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings