This recipe graciously stolen from healthhomehappy.com.
1 large block (2 lb) Monterey Jack cheese; cut into 36 cheese sticks
3 cups blanched almond flour
3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1 bottle vegetable oil
1. A few hours or more before put cheese sticks in the freezer.
2. After a couple hours, heat the oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan.
3. In a shallow bowl or dish mix almond flour with Italian Seasoning.
4. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish.
5. Take frozen cheese sticks out and dip 1 to 3 at a time in the egg, allow egg to drip off, and then roll in the almond flour mixture until well covered.
6. Drop covered cheese sticks into the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. The cheese sticks will likely float to the top of the oil at this time.
7. Remove from oil and drain on a plate.
Seriously these gooey wonders of delight are great. If you’re missing the goodness of Sonic or bar food, this will fill the void, my friends. If you like you could serve with homemade ranch dressing or marinara sauce, but they are so good on their own as well!
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep – 2 hours 15 minutes
Cook – 15 minutes
Yield: 36 servings