This recipe graciously stolen from Amber at The Tasty Alternative.
(Picture to come.)
SCD Pie Crust
1 can SCD legal coconut milk
1/3 cup honey
3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 ripe avocado
2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin (.25 ounces) or 1 envelope of Knox gelatin
1. To a food processor add: lime juice, honey and avocado. Blend until well incorporated.
2. In a bowl, add 1/3 cup of room temperature coconut milk and mix in the gelatin and allow the gelatin to “bloom.” 3. Slowly heat the remaining coconut milk on the stove top (do not boil).
4. Remove the pan from stove top and add the gelatin mixture into the pan and whisk with the heated coconut milk. 5. Pour the coconut milk mixture into the food processor and blend for 10 seconds.
6. Pour mixture into a 9″ pie dish (with the crust already in place) and place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
7. After the mixture has set, top with whipped lemon coconut cream (below) and return to the refrigerator for an additional 2 to 4 hours.
Whipped Lemon Coconut Cream:
Cream from 1 can of coconut milk
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon flavor
Total Time: 10 hours 50 minutes
Prep – 50 minutes
Refrigerate – 10 hours
Yield: 1 pie