This recipe graciously stolen from Grain-Free Gourmet, written by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass.
3 cups almond flour
1/3 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Heat the oven to 300° F.
2. Process all the crust ingredients in a food processor until the mixture starts to form a ball. The butter may still be visible in the dough.
3. Flatten the dough into a round disk between two large pieces of plastic wrap, and gently roll the crust out to a 13-inch round. Put the dough, still between the plastic wrap, on a baking sheet, and chill in the fridge until firm, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Remove the crust from the fridge. Working quickly, peel off one side of the the plastic wrap. Invert the crust into the pie plate and remove the remaining plastic wrap. Cut off the dough that overhangs the pie plate and
eat it save it for the pie topping.
5. If presentation is important, decoratively crimp the cut edges of the dough. If there are any holes or tears, just pinch them together.
6. If serving a pie that will be baked, bake for 15-20 minutes until just beginning to brown. If serving a pie that will be served cold, bake for 30-35 minutes until brown to your liking.
Total Time: 25 to 55 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook – 15 to 45 minutes (see recipe)
Yield: 1 pie crust