This recipe graciously stolen from Grain-Free Gourmet, written by Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass.
3 cups almond flour
1/3 cup butter, cold and cut into pieces
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1. Heat the oven to 300° F.
2. Process all the crust ingredients in a food processor until the mixture starts to form a ball. The butter may still be visible in the dough.
3. Flatten the dough into a round disk between two large pieces of plastic wrap, and gently roll the crust out to a 13-inch round. Put the dough, still between the plastic wrap, on a baking sheet, and chill in the fridge until firm, approximately 10 minutes.
4. Remove the crust from the fridge. Working quickly, peel off one side of the the plastic wrap. Invert the crust into the pie plate and remove the remaining plastic wrap. Cut off the dough that overhangs the pie plate and
eat it save it for the pie topping.
5. If presentation is important, decoratively crimp the cut edges of the dough. If there are any holes or tears, just pinch them together.
6. If serving a pie that will be baked, bake for 15-20 minutes until just beginning to brown. If serving a pie that will be served cold, bake for 30-35 minutes until brown to your liking.
This is another hit from Jodi Bager and Jenny Lass’s hit cookbook Grain-Free Gourmet. Seriously – go buy it already! We use this recipe as the crust for all of our pies.
Total Time: 25 to 55 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook – 15 to 45 minutes (see recipe)
Yield: 1 pie crust
This recipe stolen is graciously stolen from scdrecipe.com.
1/2 stick melted butter
1 1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 tsp. salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 heaping cup chopped pecans
1. Combine butter, honey, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Stir in the lightly beaten eggs.
3. Add the pecans and stir to combine.
4. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
5. Bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes until set… sort of like jello… and no longer runny.
6. Cool completely before serving.
Yum to the yum. Its time to make you some… 🙂
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes (both before and after cooking)
Cook – 1 hour
Yield: 12 servings
This recipe graciously stolen from Beth.
2 large eggs, lightly-beaten
½ cup honey
1 tsp. “legal” vanilla extract (no added sugars)
1 can Libby’s 100% Pumpkin
1½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ginger
⅛ tsp. cloves
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup Almond Cream (See recipe: ¾ cup water + ¾ cup blanched almond flour mixed in processor for 3 minutes)
1. Preheat the oven to 325˚ F.
2. Mix the Almond Cream in food processor.
3. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
4. Pour into greased pie pan.
5. Cook for 1 hour, let cool, refrigerate and serve.
I was so tired that I didn’t follow her specific directions. I threw all the ingredients in the blender and poured them into a buttered pan. I didn’t even try the crust… well let me say this… SERIOUSLY?!?!! This IS pumpkin pie! SOOO STINKING GOOD!
Total Time: 53 minutes
Prep – 7 minutes
Cook– 1 hour
Cool– 45 minutes
Yield: 16 servings