This recipe stolen graciously from Mr. Ed’s Research and Recipes.
2 (12 oz each) bags freshcranberries
1 (12 oz) bag frozen raspberries, thawed
1 (10 oz) bag frozen strawberries, thawed
1 1/2 cups honey
4 packets (about 4 TBSP) Knox Unflavored Gelatin
3 cups water
1. Place 2 cups of the water, along with the cranberries, thawed raspberries and thawed strawberries in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to the saucepan goods to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, pour in 1 cup cold water. Sprinkle in gelatin and let it sit.
3. Ladle the softened cranberry mixture into the strainer over the bowl with the gelatin. Use the ladle or a wooden spoon to press the liquid through the mesh. Stir the hot liquid with the gelatin to dissolve.
4. Repeat step 3 until all the mixture has been pressed out.
5. Stir in the honey to dissolved mixture.
6. Cover and refrigerate overnight until set.
We made the classic cranberry sauce last year, so we decided to try a different one this year. We haven’t tasted it yet (we’ll wait for Thanksgiving Day), but the liquid is yummy! We put our first batch into a jello mold that looks like a brain and into the last bits into a tin can… you know like you’d think it should be from! Ha! We’ll let you know how it turns out. Seems promising…
*UPDATE* It was wonderful!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Prep – 5 minutes (both before and after cooking)
Cook – 10 hour
Yield: 20 servings