3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shallots
3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
1 medium tomato, diced
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
2. Chop onion, cilantro, tomato, and garlic.
4. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomato, and garlic.
5. Stir in cayenne pepper.
6. Serve immediately. Guacamole will brown quickly!
Éste es guacamole perfecto. Usted tiene que intentarlo con tocino curruscante o con pollo. ¡Yum!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Prep – 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This recipe stolen graciously from Elaine Gloria Gottschall of Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health Through Diet.
2 1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup melted butter (or home made yogurt)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 – 3/4 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend everything together. (The original recipe added the wet ingredients last to make sure you had a muffin batter consistency, but I skipped this step and it worked out fine.)
3. Stir in blueberries.
4. Spoon the mixture into muffin tin lined with paper cases (or non-stick muffin tin). We used two spoonfuls per muffin hole.
5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when pressed. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
Due to the almond flour, these muffins have a slightly sweet, nutty flavor to them. I love these muffins! If your muffins (or any other baked goods, especially if you’re not using wheat flour) don’t rise, make sure you have fresh baking soda – it weakens over time.
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Prep– 10 minutes
Cook– 15-20 minutes
Cool– 5-10 minutes
Yield: 16 muffins
This recipe stolen graciously from Fernpixel.
2 ripe bananas (with black spots)
pure ground cinnamon to taste
pure ground nutmeg to taste
popsicle sticks (or chopsticks, plastic fork, etc.)
1. Peel bananas.
2. Cut each banana in half (1 banana creates 2 Banana Pops).
3. Insert stick into each piece of banana.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on all sides, to taste.
5. Put the Banana Pops inside Tupperware or freezer Ziplock.
6. Place container with Banana Pops inside freezer and wait 2 hours or overnight.
We may not have a banana stand, but these frozen treats are pretty darn good!
Total Time: 2+ hours or overnight
Prep – 7 minutes
Freeze– 2+ hours
Yield: 4 pops