This recipe inspired by a craving, allrecipes.com, and the fridge.
6 strips SCD bacon
1/2 onion chopped
6 small portabella mushrooms chopped
10 oz. frozen spinach
liberally salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Cook bacon strips in skillet until crispy, then set aside to cool.
3. Pour out bacon grease leaving about 3 tables spoons in pan.
4. Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
5. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
6. Chop cooled bacon into bacon “bites”.
7. In a large bowl, combine eggs, , salt and pepper.
8. Add spinach mixture to bowl and stir to blend.
9. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
10. Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Very good quiche, but I would add more bacon… we love bacon…
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep – 20 minutes
Cook– 30 minutes
Cool– 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings