This recipe inspired by a craving, allrecipes.com, and the fridge.
6 strips SCD bacon
1/2 onion chopped
6 small portabella mushrooms chopped
10 oz. frozen spinach
liberally salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Cook bacon strips in skillet until crispy, then set aside to cool.
3. Pour out bacon grease leaving about 3 tables spoons in pan.
4. Add chopped onions and mushrooms to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
5. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
6. Chop cooled bacon into bacon “bites”.
7. In a large bowl, combine eggs, , salt and pepper.
8. Add spinach mixture to bowl and stir to blend.
9. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
10. Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Very good quiche, but I would add more bacon… we love bacon…
Total Time: 1 hour
Prep – 20 minutes
Cook– 30 minutes
Cool– 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This recipe graciously stolen from eHow.com.
eggs (the quantity is up to you)
1. Place the raw egg in a saucepan.
2. Run cold water into the saucepan until the water is 1 inch above the egg.
3. Place the saucepan on a stove and cook over medium heat until the water begins to boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low.
5. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes for soft-boiled eggs or 10 to 15 minutes for hard-boiled eggs
6. Remove the egg with a spoon or ladle and let it cool slowly, or run cold water over it to cool it more quickly.
Simple quick breakfast you can make for the week that gives good protein for a good fill me up! Lauren likes them with a Muffin. Jordan prefers bacon. Bacon needs nothing else to Jordan. Why even eggs? Well if you’re like Lauren, you want variety. If you’re like Jordan, there is no such thing as too much of a good thing- bacon!!!!
Also you may like to know that hard boiled eggs can last up to one week in the fridge when the shell has not been opened already.
Total Time: 10- 15 minutes
Cook– 10-15 minutes
Yield: however many eggs you start with